Baked Seafood Macaroni in Pumpkin
Saturday, October 14, 2017
- 1 medium size pumpkin, approx 1.5 kg
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 100gm crab stick, cut into sectioned
- 300gm fresh squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- 200gm prawns, shells removed
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated mozzarella cheese
- Wash the pumpkin. Place the pumpkin on a heatproof plate. Steam in preheated steamer for 15-20 mins. Remove the pumpkin from steamer and cool down. Carefully slice the lid off. Use a spoon to remove the pulp and seeds. The flesh of the pumpkin should be tender enough to pierce through, if not, steam for another 5 mins. Do not over steam as it may collapse.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni till tender. Set aside. In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and saute onion and garlic till soft and fragrant.
- Add capsicum and crab stick, mix well. Add in squid and prawn and fry till seafood is tender. Do not over cook. Add in macaroni, tomato puree, mixed herbs and seasoning. Simmer for 1 min. Remove from heat.
- Fill the pumpkin with seafood mixture. There will be leftover of seafood mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 10 mins until the cheese melted.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and place it on a large serving plate. Cut the pumpkin into wedges. Serve immediately.