Creamy Chicken Artichoke Lasagne Rolls
Thursday, December 21, 2017
- 300gm minced chicken
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 x 425gm can diced tomato
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp sugar
- 180gm Casa Rinaldi artichoke garlic sauce
- 250gm cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly black pepper to taste
- 12 pieces Casa Rinaldi egg lasagna
- Heat 1 tbsp Casa Rinaldi olive oil in pan. Add onion and fry till soft and fragrant. Add in minced chicken and break up the meat using the cooking spatula. Fry till lightly brown.
- Drizzle in another tbsp of olive oil. Add in tomato sauce, garlic, rosemary, basil and oregano. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Cook on low heat for 15 mins till mixture thickens slightly . Add in sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Remove from fire and set aside to cool down while preparing the lasagne and cheese mixture.
- Cook lasagna noodle in a shallow pan of boiling water with 1 tsp salt. Cook according to package till al dente. Remove the noodle and line them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Prepare cheese mixture by combining artichoke garlic sauce, cottage cheese, egg, parsley, 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Stir meat sauce and spread a thin layer evenly onto a baking casserole. Spread cheese mixture evenly onto each cooked lasagne noodle, follow by 1 heap tbsp meat sauce on top of the cheese. Roll noodle up like a swiss roll and arrange seam side down in the baking casserole.
- Cover the lasagne rolls with remaining meat sauce then sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese over. Tent the baking dish with foil and bake at 180 deg cel for 35 mins. At the last 5 mins, remove foil and bake till cheese is lightly brown. Remove from oven and rest the dish for 10 mins before serving.