Mary Berry's Easy Fruit Cake
Friday, December 22, 2017
No requirement of soaking dried fruits in alcohol nor aging it, really easy fruit cake which is kids friendly! The cake is burst with buttery and fruity flavour. With the additional of ground almonds, it really gives a moist and tender texture!
- 225gm salted butter, room temperature
- 180gm fine sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225gm self raising flour
- 100gm ground almonds
- 450gm mixed dried fruit
- 25gm flaked almonds (optional)
- Sift flour and ground almond. Take 2 tbsp of flour mixture and toss into mixed fruit. Set aside. Using a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar until light and pale.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Mix for about 2 mins. Beat in almond and vanilla extract.
- Use a spatula and fold in flour mixture until well mixed. Fold in dried fruit.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined 8" round pan and level the top. Sprinkle flaked almonds on the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 1.5 hours or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. When cake is done, remove from oven and leave to cool in the pan. Best serve on the following day.