Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad with Balsamic Glaze
Friday, December 29, 2017
This will be my last posting for 2017!! Hopefully the coming 2018 I'm still pink in health to share more awesome food with you all! I hereby wishing all readers Good Health & Happiness for the coming 2018 New Year!
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 250gm San Remo Chickpea Pulse Pasta
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200gm fresh mozzarella, diced
- 250gm strawberry halves
- 1 avocado, diced
- handful of basil leaves, torn
- salt & pepper to taste
- To prepare balsamic glaze : Combine the ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer to reduce by half, for about 15 mins. Set aside to cool down.
- To prepare pasta : Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add salt and cook the pasta till al dente. Drain away water and rinse with cold water. Toss lightly with olive oil.
- To assemble the salad : Combine the pasta, mozzarella, strawberries, avocado and basil leaves in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of balsamic glaze and season with salt and pepper. Serve chilled or at room temperature.