Chicken Bak Kwa 鸡肉干
Thursday, January 18, 2018
Ingredients (makes two 9"x 9" tray plus 10 pcs small round version)
- 400gm skinless chicken breast meat
- 200gm skinless chicken thigh
- 100gm fine sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 1 tbsp Chinese rose wine
- 2 tbsp Hua Tiao Jiu
- 1 tbsp red yeast rice powder
Glazing – 1 tbsp honey mixed with 1 tbsp oil
Top picture : spread marinated meat on a 9"x 9" tray and bake for 20 mins at 160deg cel. Cut into 4 portions, glaze and continue to bake till nicely brown on both sides at 220 deg cel. Bottom picture : Trying a small portion using air fryer. Air fry at 160 deg cel for 10 mins on each side. Glaze at the end of 2 mins for both sides.
- Put chicken breast meat and thigh with 1 tbsp cornflour and 1 tsp salt into food processor and blend till fine.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all seasoning ingredients and mix well. Add in minced meat and stir till mixture is sticky. Cover and allow to marinate in fridge overnight.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread some marinated meat over, about 5mm thickness. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 20 mins.
- Remove tray from oven. Drain away any liquid if necessary. Slice meat into 4 portions. Turn the meat slices, bottom facing up now. Brush with some honey mixture. Bake in preheated oven at 220 deg cel for 10 mins. Flip the meat slices and brush honey mixture again. Continue to bake for another 10 mins until the colour reach your desire preference.
- Cool on rack completely before storing.
To make bak kwa coins in airfryer : Spread tbsp of meat mixture onto a baking paper. Shape into round using the back of a metal spoon. Air fry at 160 deg cel for 10 mins. Brush with honey mixture at the last 2 mins. Flip the meat slices and brush with honey mixture again. Continue to airfry for 8-10 mins.