Lemony Fish Pie
Monday, March 12, 2018
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 30gm butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 300ml fish stock
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 250gm salmon fillet, cubed
- 200gm grouper fillet, cubed
- 120gm mussels meat
- 150gm mixed vegetables
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 heap tsp fresh dill
- salt & pepper to taste
- egg yolk for glazing, optional
- Cook cubed potatoes in boiling water for 10 mins until tender. Drain away water. Mash with a fork and mix in butter and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in pan, add onion and fry till lightly brown, for about 8 mins. Add in flour and mix well. Fry for 1 min till brown. Pour in stock gradually and stir to mix well. Mixture will start to thicken.
- Add in chopped dill, mixed vegetables , fish fillet and mussels. Stir and simmer for 5 mins. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Stir in lemon juice and zest. Remove pan from fire.
- Transfer mixture into a oven-proofed dish. Spread mashed potato over the surface evenly. Glaze the surface with egg yolk if using.
- Baked in preheated oven at 220 deg cel for 30 mins until golden brown and sauce is bubbly.