Blue Pea Nasi Lemak Set
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Blue Pea Coconut Milk Rice
- 400gm long grain rice
- 200ml coconut milk
- 200ml water
- 2 slices ginger, lightly crushed
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 lemongrass, white section only, lightly crushed
- 2 pandan leaves, knotted
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp concentrated blue pea water
- Nasi Lemak sambal to serve
- Wash, rinse and drain the rice. Combine all the ingredients evenly in the rice cooker. Cook as per your rice cooker instructions.
- When the rice is half cooked, drizzle in blue pea water over the rice. Continue to cook till done. Remove pandan leaves, ginger and lemongrass. Fluff up the rice and mix well. Serve with sambal and sides like air fried crispy chicken wings , fried egg and fried peanuts/anchovies.
Four Heavenly Kings (Stir-Fried Mixed Vegetables) 四大天王, a dish which I've been wanting to try for every long! I'm using my homemade dried shrimp sambal and rempah for the stir frying. Sedap! Trying to retain the purplish tone of the brinjal but not skilful enough. :P
- Heat 1 cup oil in wok. Add in petai, long beans and wing beans. Blanch in oil for 1 min. Remove and drain well. With remaining oil in wok, add in brinjal and quickly toss in oil for a min. Remove and drain well.
- Retain 2 tbsp oil in wok. Saute garlic till fragrant. Add in dried shrimp sambal and rempah and fry briefly till fragrant. Stir in tamarind water.
- Add in all the vegetables and mix well for another minute until heated through.