Korean Japchae (Korean Glass Noodle)
Monday, April 23, 2018
- 250gm Korean sweet potato noodles
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250gm onion, thinly sliced
- 120gm carrots, julienned
- 250gm spinach, cut into sections
- 150gm pork, thinly sliced
- 100gm fresh shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Korean light soy sauce toast
- toasted white sesame seeds for garnishing
- Marinate pork slices with 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp light soy sauce, dash of pepper. Set aside while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in dried sweet potato noodle and cook for 8mins. Drain away hot water and plunge noodles in cold water (this will makes the noodles more springy). Set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in pan and fry beaten eggs into omelette. Set aside to cool and slice into think strips. Using the same pan, add 1 tbsp oil. Saute onions with a pinch of salt till softened. Dish up and set aside.
- With the same pan, heat some oil and fry carrot for 2 mins. Remove and set aside. Next fry the pork slices till thoroughly cook through. Set aside.
- Fry shiitake mushroom, add in a tbsp of water and 1 tsp soy sauce. Fry till liquid reduce. Remove from pan. Lastly saute spinach till soften for about 1 minute.
- Add 1 tbsp oil in pan. Add garlic and fry till fragrant. Add in noodles and drizzle in 1 tbsp sesame oil and light soy sauce. Toss well till heated through. Transfer noodle into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine shredded omelette, onion, carrots, pork slices, mushroom and spinach with the noodle. Mix well. Drizzle in more light soy sauce to taste.