Sweet Potato Coconut Huat Kueh
Saturday, June 9, 2018
Soft fluffy steamed Chinese cupcake infused with light coconut milk. I like this lightly infused coconut flavour '发糕' Huat Kueh, something different from the usual ones. Oh yes they all split up beautifully too!
- 100gm mashed sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 50gm Ayam brand coconut oil
- 250gm Ayam brand trim coconut milk
- 120gm fine sugar
- 250gm self-raising flour, sifted
- Steam sweet potato until soft and mash till smooth. Add in egg and coconut oil and mix well.
- Place coconut milk and sugar in a saucepan, stir over low heat till sugar is well dissolved. Do not let it boil. Pour the coconut mixture into sweet potato mixture and whisk till well combine.
- Sift flour over and fold in till a smooth batter is formed.
- Ladle the batter into cup cases till full. Place the cup cases into preheated steamer. Cover and steam over high heat for 25 mins.