CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA ONE POT
Saturday, October 20, 2018
This quick Cajun chicken one-pot is a winner for the family dinner table. Cajun spiced chicken in a creamy tomato sauce – with pasta and extra veg.
CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA ONE POT RECIPE
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 75 g chorizo, cut into small chunks
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper deseeded and sliced
- 200 g dried pasta shapes
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 480 ml chicken stock
- 60 ml double (heavy) cream
- Large handful of fresh baby spinach
- 10 fresh cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet) and add the onion. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to soften.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning on the chopped chicken breast, then add to the pan with the onion. Heat for 5-6 minutes until the chicken is sealed on all sides.
- Add in the chorizo and garlic and fry for a further two minutes, until the chorizo starts to release it’s oils, then add peppers. Stir, then add the pasta shapes, tin of tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, stir, then place a lid or some foil over the pan. Turn the heat down and let the pasta simmer for 15 minutes. Check and stir once or twice during this time.
- After 15 minutes, remove the lid and test the pasta. It should be just cooked (if it isn’t, cook for a couple of minutes more with a splash of boiling water if needed). Stir in the cream, heat through for a minute then turn off the heat and stir in the spinach. It should wilt very quickly.
- Sprinkle on the sliced tomatoes, grated cheese and parsley, then serve.
Recipe Adapted : CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA ONE POT @ delishfood