CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS #healthy #recipe
Monday, March 11, 2019
Everybody has their very own interpretation of Shrimp and Grits. Indeed, even me, I adore my corn meal to be additional velvety and stacked with cheddar… .henceforth, Cheesy Shrimp and Grits. A great deal of spots skirt the cheddar and you can as well, however attempt it with the cheddar and I guarantee you you'll adore it.
Gooey Shrimp and Grits couldn't be less demanding to make. I like to make the corn meal first so they're flawless and smooth. They take a couple of minutes of your consideration toward the start however the outcome is a smooth bowl of paradise.
One Pot Spicy Thai Noodles #recipe #healthy
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal grits
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- SHRIMP & SAUCE:
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled & de-veined
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- PREPARE THE GRITS:
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the milk, water and salt. Bring to a simmer. Whisk in the grits and continue whisking until they begin to thicken. (This will help eliminate lumps.) Continue to cook the grits for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Stir in the butter and cheese. Cover and set aside.
- PREPARE THE SHRIMP & SAUCE:
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined platter using a slotted spoon to drain.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the shrimp to the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the shrimp to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle the cornstarch over the onions/garlic and cook for an additional minute. Whisk in the chicken stock and cook until the sauce begins to thicken. Whisk in the cream, butter, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the sauce starts to thicken more. Return the shrimp to the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes- making sure not to overcook the shrimp. Stir in the bacon, green onions and parsley.
- Spoon about 1 cup grits onto a plate and top with 4 to 5 shrimp. Pour about 1 cup gravy over the shrimp. Repeat with remaining grits and shrimp. Serve immediately.
Read more our recipe Instant Pot Faux-tisserie Chicken #healthy #recipe
Source : bit.ly/2T1V6SR