JAMAICAN RUM PUNCH #cocktail #recipe
Thursday, March 14, 2019
Every island in the Caribbean appears to have their own form of a rum mixed drink, from the mojitos in Cuba to the rum swizzle in Bermuda, yet for our ongoing motion picture night I ran with the Jamaican form as I had run with some other Jamaican works of art for whatever remains of our Pirates of the Caribbean-themed dinner (banana wastes, yank shrimp and rice, and a Jamaican serving of mixed greens – yum!)
It's sweet, citrusy and with a slight acidic edge from that expansion of lime juice – like a major glass of adult fruit juice. I incline toward utilizing dim rum in this formula for both flavor and credibility – however complete honesty, my most loved dull rum is from Bermuda so I surmise I turned out poorly valid.
Strawberry Mango Agua Fresca #drinks #recipe
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups dark rum
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons grenadine syrup
- Citrus slices, garnish
- Maraschino cherries, garnish
- In a large pitcher, mix the pineapple, orange and lime juices. Add the rum and set aside.
- For each individual serving glass, pour in one tablespoon of grenadine syrup (or simply the syrup from the maraschino cherry jar). Fill the glass with ice.
- Prepare your garnishes beforehand by skewering citrus slices and cherries for a cute, tropical garnish and also to let guests know what flavors they will taste in their drink. (You can use toothpicks or skewer on a strong straw - or just slice into the orange and lime so that you can place on the edge of the serving glasses.)
- When ready to enjoy, pour the rum punch into each glass to allow for a sunset effect. The drink will be red and the bottom and gradually fade to orange at the top.
- Garnish and serve.
Read more our recipe Strawberry Lemonade Moscato Slushie #drink #smoothie
Source : bit.ly/2MU6aj6