CHICKEN RICE AND BLACK BEAN BURRITOS #healthyfood #dietketo
Sunday, May 19, 2019
My preferred part about these burritos is the cilantro lime rice. It's good to the point that you can eat it without anyone else! We add our own to burrito bowls and tacos also.
The lime isn't overpowering and truly includes the ideal measure of flavor regardless of what supper you're utilizing it for. Enlivened by my preferred Mexican flame broil Chipotle, I get the chance to appreciate a similar extraordinary taste by making a comparative form in my own home.
This formula makes Mexican night so fun. The children can pick their very own fixings and the hubby will most likely include as much hot sauce as his little heart wants. I use sans gluten corn tortillas or entire wheat pita bread to make our burritos. In the case of utilizing hot sauce, we utilize Frank's RedHot unique and after that I chill it off with a spoonful of light acrid cream.
Salmon Burgers #healthyfood #dietketo
- cilantro lime rice (recipe here)
- gluten-free corn tortillas (or whole wheat pita)
- For the chicken & taco seasoning:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- juice of half a lime
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp flour
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ pepper
- ¼ cayenne powder
- For toppings (all optional):
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced jalapeños
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Frank’s RedHot Original Hot Sauce
- Prepare the chicken. In a small bowl, combine dry spices and stir to mix. In a large bowl, combine the chicken with oil, lime, and add the taco seasoning. Coat chicken, cover, and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Cook the rice according to this cilantro lime rice recipe.
- Grill chicken on medium/high heat, about 4 min per side, depending on thickness of chicken. Be sure centre of chicken is not pink and do not over-cook. Set aside and slice vertically for desired thickness.
- You can warm the pita bread in the oven at 350 for 3-5 minutes, if desired. Top pitas with chicken, rice, black beans, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Try not to overload with toppings as it will be hard to roll the pita afterwards. Fold the bottom of the pita up, and the left and right sides across. Use a toothpick to hold in place. Serve.
- You may wrap them in foil and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Read more our recipe Cheese Puffs (Gougeres) Recipe #healthyfood #dietketo
Source : bit.ly/2xZXgLJ