Creamy Chicken Quinoa and Broccoli Casserole #dinnerrecipe #food
Monday, May 6, 2019
Being from Minnesota, I want to speak to my Midwestern culture here on the blog with things like dishes. Or then again more precisely: express my undying adoration. Which very advances the wrong generalization that all Minnesotans spread their entryways and windows with plastic, wrap up in their hottest reindeer-designed sweaters, stroll around murmuring "definitely shure you betcha" while continuing to prepare comfortable goulashes and hot dishes throughout the entire winter. Goodness pause. That's, um, my life.
Thus I gladly bring you today the sustenance of my Midwestern childhood… The Casserole. In any case, it's kind of a mashup of my previous existence and current, since, you know, QUINOA and everything.
Celebrating together up in here we have: liberally prepared chicken, cooked quinoa, crispity flavorful bacon, smooth natively constructed sauce, a little piece of Gruyère or whatever kinda cheddar you need over the top, and splendid green flies of broccoli.
Balsamic Soy Roasted Garlic Mushrooms #dinnerrecipe #food
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon (optional… sort of)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons seasoning (like Emeril’s Essence or any basic blend you like)
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese (any kind will work)
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- Sauce: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and generously grease a 9×13 baking dish (seriously, be generous because it really really sticks to the sides). Bring the chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk to a low boil in a saucepan. Whisk the other 1/2 cup milk with the poultry seasoning and flour; add the mixture to the boiling liquid and whisk until a smooth creamy sauce forms.
- Assembly: In a large bowl, mix the sauce from step one, one cup water, quinoa, and bacon and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips and lay the chicken breasts strips over the top of the quinoa mixture. Sprinkle with the seasoning. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Broccoli: While the casserole is in the oven, place the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute until it turns bright green and then run under cold water. Set aside.
- Bake: Remove the casserole from the oven, check the mixture by stirring it around in the pan, and if needed, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes to get the right consistency. When the quinoa and chicken are cooked and the sauce is thickened, add the broccoli and a little bit of water (up to one cup) until the consistency is creamy and smooth and you can stir it up easily in the pan. Top with the cheese and bake for 5 minutes, or just long enough to melt the cheese.
Read more our recipe Instant Pot Mac and Cheese #dinnerrecipe #food
Source : bit.ly/2mwrbES