Kale Chicken Salad with Apples and Maple Cider Vinaigrette #vegan #recipevegetarian
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
End of the prior week last we went apple picking at Catoctin Mountain Orchards and got back home with 30+ pounds of jonagolds, celebrations and blood red crisps. The occasions will fuel Cass' apple-a-day propensity for a long while, and the jonagolds will show up in a prepared decent or ten throughout the following couple of weeks (they're a prevalent heating apple).
Yet, those dark red crisps? Those infants are unique. As the name may show, they're too fresh with a rich flavor that consummately balances sweet and tart. Amazing plate of mixed greens apples.
This formula for kale chicken serving of mixed greens meets up rapidly and the majority of the cooking is done totally on the flame broil, which implies I don't need to clean any skillet. That is my sort of weeknight cooking.
This kale chicken serving of mixed greens with maple juice vinaigrette is a simple, quick, and profoundly nutritious weeknight gluten free supper. It's made with too firm crisply picked apples, ranch new kale, flame broiled apple juice chicken, and warm potatoes, at that point dressed with an addictive sweet and tart vinaigrette.
Vegan Stuffed Shells #vegan #recipevegetarian
- Kale Chicken Salad
- 12 oz potatoes diced to 1"
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 c. kale coarsely chopped
- 1 c. cooked quinoa (optional)
- 1 crispy apple julienned
- 1/3 c. chopped pecans
- 2 oz. blue cheese crumbled
- Maple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c. unfiltered extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- See Notes for a link to my recipe for Apple Cider Brined Chicken.
- Heat a grill to high heat. Dice the potatoes and toss with the oil, salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes onto a grill tray in a single layer and place the tray onto the grill. Grill the chicken (per linked instructions) alongside the potatoes. Stir the potatoes occasionally and grill until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, about 15 minutes - they're finished when you can easily pierce the flesh with the tip of a knife. Remove the potatoes and chicken from heat and set aside. (Note - the chicken will finish faster than the potatoes, about 10 minutes.)
- While the chicken is resting, prepare the salad base and maple vinaigrette. For the salad base, chop the kale and toss with the cooked quinoa. Julienne the apple, chop the pecans, and crumble the blue cheese, then addd to the kale-quinoa base along with the grilled potatoes.
- In a small lidded jar, combine the maple syrup, apple cider, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Shake vigorously to combine. Pour half the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine.
- Dive the kale salad between four plates. Slice the chicken against the grain, and top each salad with 1/4 of the chicken breast. Dress with additional vinaigrette if desired. Serve immediately.
Read more our recipe Lentil Meatballs (Vegan, Gluten-Free) #vegan #recipevegetarian
Source : bit.ly/2WH7GJv